KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Georgia Gwinnett continued its streak at the top in the first regular season Top 25 of the year. The Grizzlies, whom have six national titles to their credit in the last six seasons, begin the year in the drivers’ seat. Xavier (La.) stayed on their heels at No. 2 while the top 13 remained the same from the preseason edition
Top 25 Highlights (historical information dates back to 2000)
- Georgia Gwinnett has been ranked No. 1 in the last 47-straight polls.
- Hope International (Calif.) and Northwestern Ohio both made the largest jump with a two-spot position increase.
- After capturing the Crossroads League title, Indiana Wesleyan has the best record in the poll at 18-1. The Wildcats suffered their first loss of the season against Grand Valley State (Mich.) on Friday, Feb. 7.
- There are no newcomers to the poll this week.
- The top five teams are a combined 7-0 on the year. No. 4 William Carey (Miss.) and No. 5 Reinhardt (Ga.) are the lone teams among that group which have not kicked-off their seasons yet. The Crusaders will begin play with a top five team as they will play host to No. 2 Xavier (La.) on Monday, Feb. 24.
- No. 7 Xavier (La.) extends the longest consecutively-active streak in the poll with 105 straight appearances.
2020 NAIA Men’s Tennis Coaches’ Top 25 Poll – Poll 1 (February 12, 2020)
|RANK||LAST WEEK||SCHOOL [First-Place Votes]||RECORD||FINAL POINTS|
|1||1||Georgia Gwinnett ||3-0||374|
|3||3||Cardinal Stritch (Wis.)||2-0||350|
|4||4||William Carey (Miss.)||0-0||338|
|6||6||Middle Georgia State||1-0||311|
|9||9||William Woods (Mo.)||1-0||276|
|12||12||Lindsey Wilson (Ky.)||0-0||239|
|15||17||Hope International (Calif.)||2-1||202|
|18||13||San Diego Christian (Calif.)||0-1||171|
|25||25||Lewis-Clark State (Idaho)||1-3||84|
Dropped from the Top 25: None.
Others Receiving Votes: McPherson (Kan.) 74, Asbury (Ky.) 56, Southeastern (Fla.) 44, Indiana Tech 24, Judson (Ill.) 21, Westmont (Calif.) 17, Georgetown (Ky.) 5, Grace (Ind.) 3, Southwestern (Kan.) 3, Midland (Neb.) 3, Texas A&M Texarkana 3.